How to build a strong and shaped butt?
Workout in the coronal and transverse plane
It has long been known that one of the most effective exercises for the gluteus maximus and medius are different variants of squats. Are you sure? Let’s look at the butts up close because of their function:
- In the sagittal plane – is the strongest extensor of the hip. We activate them during exercises such as squats, lunges, deadlift variants, etc.
- In the coronal plane – thigh abduction, and thus all kinds of abduction with the use of mini-band rubbers, trx ropes, machines. It is worth paying attention to the fact that this function is of special importance because it centralizes the head of the femur in the acetabulum so that our hips work evenly!
- In the transverse plane: it turns the thigh, which helps external rotation in the hip joint. We use this function among others while running his knees outside in a squat. It is important to rotate the pelvis around the femoral head.
- Limit your butt training to 1-2 advance exercise in the sagittal plane if you do not want to excessively engage your quadriceps muscles.
- Butt have a stabilizing function, so remember long series with lots of repetitions!
- Use isometric training.